I am just starting a new brief for the first cluster this term:
Project Brief: Marking Time
To research concepts around human experience of time and, drawing on the conclusions reached, produce a 3d art work.
The project is allocated 8 weeks, of which at least 4 weeks will be purely on research and experimentation.
Summary of Programme:
- To observe and record my own experience of time.
- To observe and record the response of other people around me to time.
- To conduct experiments around time.
- To look at metaphors concerning time.
- To look at symbology around time as represented in art works.
- To research artists whose work has a central theme concerning time.
- Responding to the findings above, design and create art work.
- Critical assessment as to whether final artwork meets my requirements in expressing the conclusions reached during the research part of this project.
- Photograph and present the final artwork on my blog so people outside college can respond.
- Listen to response from peers and tutors during class critical review.